WEnyan is a scholarship and mentoring initiative for female chemists and associated professionals. The program is sponsored by BASF Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd., supported by the Government of India’s Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser, and administered by Pune Knowledge Cluster.
The major goal of this initiative is to provide financial assistance, mentorship, and opportunity for entrepreneurial skill development to qualified women from low-income families in Maharashtra.
Students pursuing degrees in Chemistry or related fields, such as Applied Natural Sciences, Specialty Chemicals, Agro-Chemicals, New Materials, and Sustainability, are eligible for this award.
Benefits Of Wenyan Scholarship
- Graduate students: A scholarship of up to INR 10,000 per month for three months is available.
- Scholarship of INR 15,000 per month for 6 months for postgraduate students
- Early-stage entrepreneurs: INR 6.5 lakhs in funding for prototype development, plus a monthly stipend of INR 15,000 for 6 months.
The primary goals of the Wenyan Scholarship
- To encourage female enrollment in STEM programs in higher education.
- Objectives To lower postgraduate female dropout rates.
- To teach and orient women in advanced scientific procedures.
- For STEM innovation, preparing students for employment.
- To encourage female-led science-based start-ups.
- To build a supportive ecosystem for women in science.
- Meet women role models through professional networks and mentoring groups.
- Gain from peer-to-peer learning while developing leadership.
Active Scholarships You Must Try: FAEA India Scholarship: Empowering Education for Bright Futures
Criteria for Eligibility
Female candidates from marginalized communities or low-income families in Maharashtra:
- Undergraduate students taking the final year exam for a B.Sc./B.Pharm./B.Tech./B.E. or comparable degree in 2024 or
- Postgraduate students taking the final year exam for an M.Sc./M.Pharm./M.Tech./M.E. or equivalent degree in 2024
- Students who want to start their own business within a year after finishing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Selection Criteria for the Wenyan Scholarship
The fellowship will be awarded based on the recommendations of a Selection Committee comprised of representatives from academics and industry. Following an e-meeting with the applicants, the committee will notify the shortlisted individuals.
The application procedure
Candidate may meet some, but not all, of the following requirements:
- Grades and performance in Undergraduate/Master’s programs
- Scientific evidence and argument in favour of the project
- Student’s scientific interests outside of the project
- Student enthusiasm in pursuing a research/science-based profession
- Time commitment to the project (the project should be pursued completely)
- You must upload the following documents while filling out the form.
- Proposal for a Research Project or an Entrepreneurship Project (using the given template)
- Marksheet for the 12th grade (H.Sc.)
- The most recent examination’s marksheet
- Proof of income (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate or Income Certificate) if you are from a low-income family.
More Scholarship Opportunities: University of Helsinki 2023-2024 International Scholarship – Finland
Impact of wenyan Scholarship
Potential program benefits include:
- Interactive meetings with female role models, customized mentoring sessions with female executives, peer to peer networking, and exposure to the Indian sciencebased startup environment and prospects.
- Visits to industries and R&D labs
- Learn about PKC’s new Role Model Lecture Series: Women in Chemistry & Sustainability from industry, academic, and entrepreneurial women leaders in Chemistry.
How to Apply
The goal of this form is to submit information to the selection committee regarding the candidate’s profile, interests, and commitment to the fellowship’s principles. Please proceed as follows:
Students should read:
- Apply for the fellowship with a Principal Investigator (PI), who will serve as the primary teacher, research guide, or mentor.
- Choose a project that corresponds to your interests and academic objectives.
For Business Owners:
Apply with a product idea in mind, or submit a Proof of Concept (PoC) demonstrating the viability of your business concept.
- Please complete the application procedure by filling out the form and supplying the relevant information.
Visit the official website for more proper information on how to apply for the Wenyan Scholarship.
Wenyan Scholarship Application deadline
July 15 2023
Want to study abroad? Find Active Scholarships to Study Abroad Here