The Ireland Fellows Programme – Africa Scholarship 2024/25 is an exciting opportunity for African students to pursue higher education in Ireland. This fully funded scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and foster collaboration between Ireland and African countries. This article will delve straight to the details of this prestigious scholarship program, including eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and many more.
Application Deadline: 30 July 2023.
Host Country: Ireland.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Canon Collins Trust.
Host Institution(s): higher education institution in Ireland.
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded (Amount varies).
Number of Awards: Not Specified.
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters).
Eligible Countries: Angola, Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Details of the Ireland fellows programme:
In charge of overseeing the Ireland Fellows Program is the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs. It aims to promote the progress of future African leaders by giving them access to top-tier research and educational opportunities in Ireland. The initiative offers fully funded postgraduate scholarships at participating Irish higher education institutions.
Funding Value of Ireland Fellows Programme:
The Ireland fellow programme offer numerous Benefits to it’s winners, below are the benefits of the program:
- Fully Funded: The programme is fully funded by the Irish Government and covers programme fees, flights, accommodation, and living costs.
- Enriches Educational Experience: The Fellowship programme bring a unique perspective that enriches the educational experience in higher education institutions in Ireland as they address global challenges.
- Contributes to Capacity Building: The programme is intended to support graduates on their return home, through the skills they develop, to contribute to capacity building in their respective countries.
- Promotes Gender Equality and Diversity: The Ireland Fellows Programme promotes gender equality, equal opportunity, and welcomes diversity.
Eligibility of Ireland Fellows Programme:
Before applying for the fellowship programme, you must check your eligibility to confirm if you are qualified, below are the eligibility criteria:
- Being a resident and national of one of the nations listed:
- Have a minimum of two or three years’ work experience directly relevant to your proposed program of study, depending on the country.
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- As an applicant, you must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- You should be in the position to take up the fellowship programme for the year which it is offered.
You must be a citizen of this African countries listed below to qualify for the fellowship programme:
- Republic of the Congo.
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
Eligible Field Of Study:
Below are the list of courses offered by the fellowship programme:
- Environmentral Science
- Rural Development and related
- Food Science
- Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health Economics and related
- Development Studies
- Peace Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- Humanitarian Action and related
- Social Policy
- Social Research
- Community Development
- Sociology and related
- Women’s Studies
- Gender Studies
- Equality Studies
- Human Rights and related
- International Relations
- Sustainable Technology
- Finance and Accounting
- Management and Business
ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS: Borno State Scholarship Board Portal 2023/2024 Application Form
Required documents to Apply:
The following documents are required in other to apply for this fellowship program:
- Completed application form: The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) application form must be completed by applicants which is very necessary.
- Academic transcripts: Applicants need to provide academic transcripts for all qualifications listed in the application form.
- Proof of employment: Applicants need to provide proof of employment for all work experience listed in the application form.
- English language proficiency: Applicants need to provide evidence of their proficiency in English, such as a certificate from a recognized English language test.
- Two references: Applicants need to provide two references, one of which must be from their current employer.
- Passport: Applicants need to provide a copy of their passport.
Step by Step Application Process of Ireland Fellows Programme:
The application process for the programme consist of different stages, which sometimes get confusing for students or Applicants who want to apply, but we are going to break it down so it will be easy for you to apply. Below is the step by step Application process to apply:
1). Stage 1: Preliminary Application
- Applicants need to fill out the application form provided by the Embassy of Ireland
- Applicants need to provide academic transcripts for all qualifications listed in the application form
- Applicants need to provide proof of employment for all work experience listed in the application form
- Applicants need to provide evidence of their proficiency in English, such as a certificate from a recognized English language test
- Applicants need to provide two references, one of which must be from their current employer
- Applicants need to provide a copy of their passport
- Applicants need to submit the scanned copies of all the required documents.
2). Stage 2: Detailed Application
If you are selected to progress after the first stage, you will be invited to submit a detailed application. The detailed application will require you as an applicant to provide more information about your academic and professional background, as well as your proposed programme of study.
3). Stage 3: Interviews
After the second stage, if you are selected to progress to this 3rd stage. You will be required to sit an online interview. The interview will assess your suitability for the programme, including your leadership potential and your commitment to contributing to the development of your home country.
Ireland Fellows Programme Application Deadline:
Application Deadline for the fellowship programme is 30 July 2023.
Tips for Getting Selected for Ireland Fellows Programme:
We can’t conclude this guilde without giving you tips that will enrich your chances of being selected, below are the tips we gathered from experts:
- Identify relevant programmes: Review the Directory of Eligible Programmes and select three programmes that are relevant to your academic and professional background.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment: Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and a commitment to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your own country.
- Articulate your vision: Clearly articulate your long-term goals and how the fellowship will help you achieve them. Identify the skills and experiences you would gain from the fellowship that would directly help you achieve your professional and academic goals.
- Maximize your chances: To maximize your chances of receiving a course place offer if shortlisted by the Ireland Fellows Programme, applicants should select programmes that are in high demand and have a limited number of places available.
By following this tips we listed above, your chances of being selected to progress to the interview stage will be higher. So read this guilde we wrote for you carefully, then apply for the programme by following the steps by step Application process we highlighted above.
Want to move to Canada In 2024? Check out how to Move To Canada With Your Girlfriend As A Waiter In 2024 Or check out Pretty Lifestyle To Canada As A Panel Beater In 2024, Also see our top Canada Scholarships for International Students 2024
You can also see our guilde on 5 Most Popular PTDF Scholarship Interview Questions Or Why study nursing in canada mytop 2024/2025