Are you a young university graduate passionate about politics and international relations? If so, the German Bundestag 2023 International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS) offers an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of German politics. This prestigious scholarship program allows you to gain valuable insights into the workings of the German parliament and foster international cooperation. In this article, we will explore the details of the IPS and how you can apply for this unique experience.
What is the German Bundestag?
The German Bundestag is the national parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany. It is composed of elected representatives who debate and make decisions on important legislative matters. The Bundestag plays a vital role in shaping Germany’s political landscape and policies, making it a fascinating institution to learn from.
The International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS)
The International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS) is an initiative by the German Bundestag that invites young university graduates from around the world to gain firsthand experience of Germany’s parliamentary system. This fully funded scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for participants to engage with German lawmakers, witness political processes, and contribute to intercultural dialogue.
Your application should be in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Form of application
- Please include a passport photo on the first page of the application form.
- Proof of excellent German language skills, no more than two years old;
- Motivation letter in German with your handwritten signature (maximum of two pages);
- Copy of a passport or ID;
- University degree certificate in the original or as an officially certified replica in English or German. In the event of a probable selection interview, the original or an officially certified duplicate of the original must be supplied.
- A recent letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university instructor or employer, assessing the applicant’s professional qualification for the program)
Benefits of the IPS
The IPS offers a wide range of benefits to the selected candidates. Firstly, you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your living expenses in Germany. Additionally, the German Bundestag will provide health insurance during your stay. You will have access to a comprehensive support network, including mentors who can guide you in your parliamentary experience. Moreover, participating in the IPS will broaden your horizons, enhance your intercultural competence, and establish lifelong connections with fellow scholars.
The application process for the German Bundestag IPS is straightforward but highly competitive. You will need to submit a completed application form, a CV, a motivation letter, letters of recommendation, and copies of relevant academic certificates. It is crucial to highlight your passion for politics, your academic achievements, and your vision for contributing to international parliamentary cooperation.
Other Scholarships You Must Try: University of Helsinki 2023-2024 International Scholarship – Finland
How To Apply
Once the application period ends, a selection committee will carefully review the submitted applications. The committee evaluates candidates based on their academic performance, extracurricular activities, motivation, and potential for future contributions to their respective countries. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or asked to provide additional documentation to support their application.
Duration and Schedule
The German Bundestag IPS has a duration of five months, starting from March to July. During this period, participants will have the opportunity to witness the parliamentary work firsthand, attend committee meetings, and engage in various political events. The schedule is designed to provide a comprehensive experience of the German political system, including legislative sessions, seminars, and cultural activities.
The German Bundestag 2023 International Parliamentary Scholarship is a remarkable opportunity for young university graduates with a passion for politics and international relations. Through this program, participants can gain valuable insights into the functioning of the German parliament, foster intercultural understanding, and establish connections with like-minded individuals from around the world. The IPS not only provides financial support but also facilitates personal and professional growth, paving the way for a future in politics and diplomacy.
Apply for the German Bundestag IPS today and embark on a transformative journey that will shape your understanding of parliamentary systems and global cooperation.
- Who is eligible for the German Bundestag IPS?
- Young university graduates who have completed their degree within the last seven years, possess a strong academic background, and show a keen interest in politics.
- Is proficiency in German necessary for the IPS?
- Yes, proficiency in German is required as participants will actively engage in discussions and debates conducted in German.
- What are the benefits of the IPS?
- The IPS provides a monthly stipend, health insurance, access to mentors, and opportunities to establish lifelong connections and enhance intercultural competence.
- How long does the IPS program last?
- The program has a duration of five months, from March to July.
- How competitive is the selection process for the IPS?
- The selection process is highly competitive, with the committee evaluating candidates based on academic performance, motivation, and potential for future contributions.
Want to study abroad? Find Active Scholarships to Study Abroad Here