APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 18.
F5 Foundation 2023 STEM Education Grants ($50,000): At F5, we are dedicated to fostering the growth of the next generation of female changemakers and aspiring leaders. Through our STEM Education Grants, we aim to positively impact the future by investing in initiatives that promote increased access to science, technology, engineering, and math education for girls and women of colour. By supporting these programs, we hope to open up new career opportunities and create a more inclusive and diverse environment within the STEM fields.
Aim And Benefits Of This Grant
- The grant offered is a non-renewable sum of $50,000, intended to be a single payment.
- Recipients of this grant are not obligated to submit any reports or documentation regarding its usage.
- The grant funds can be utilized without any specific restrictions or limitations.
Eligibility And Requirements To Apply
- To be eligible for the grant, the nonprofit organization must have a legal registration as a charitable organization, following the laws of the country it operates in, or a legally registered charitable organization should sponsor it for at least three years.
- The nonprofit’s main focus should revolve around activities that enhance access, build capacity, support career development, or any related initiatives aimed at increasing the representation of women of colour in STEM education, particularly in the technology sector.
- It’s required that more than 50% of the individuals benefiting from the grant funding should be women of colour and girls of colour.
- Applying organizations must have a functioning website. It’s important to note that more than a presence on social media platforms is needed to fulfil this website requirement.
- For nonprofits based outside of the United States, there will be an Enhanced Expenditure Responsibility (EER) process conducted by F5’s international grantmaking partner, CAF America. Successful completion and approval of the EER process are necessary for receiving funding, and F5 will cover the associated fees.
- Organizations that have written policies promoting discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity will not be eligible to receive the grant.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome to apply, and submissions should be made in English.
Application Deadline For F5 Foundation 2023 STEM Education
- The grant application period is scheduled to run from July 14, 2023, to August 18, 2023, with the deadline set at 11:45 pm PST. If you’re interested in applying for the grant, this will be the timeframe to submit your application.
- Applicants who have submitted their proposals will receive notifications regarding the status of their grant in October 2023. You will be informed whether your application has been successful during this time.
- For those selected as grant partners, the transfer of the grants will be initiated in October 2023. If you are one of the chosen recipients, you can expect the grant funds to be available during that month.
How To Apply For F5 Foundation 2023 STEM Education Grants
To apply for the f5 foundation 2023 grant, you must submit your application electronically. Remember that you won’t be able to save your progress and return to it later, so we advise you to carefully review the questions below before starting the application. The total character count allowed for the application is 200,000 characters, and it must be written in English.
Application Questions To Review Before Applying
Section 1: Overview
- What is your organization’s legal name?
- Provide a general description of your organization.
- What is your organization’s website? Please note that our granting requirement is that applicants have an operational website.
- What country does your organization serve?
- How long has your organization operated as a legally registered nonprofit or fiscally sponsored by a legally registered nonprofit organization? Please note that our granting requirement is a minimum of three years in process or being fiscally sponsored by a nonprofit organization.
- Describe the programs your organization currently offers.
- How many full-time staff does your organization have?
- All volunteers
- Over 75
Section 2: Impact
- Describe the current need in your community that your organization is helping to improve through your STEM offerings.
- Describe the group or community served by your organization.
- Approximately how many individuals does your organization serve annually?
Section 3: Intersectional Equity
- Describe how your organization has successfully increased access or capacity building in STEM education for women and girls of colour. Examples include quantitative data points for college placement rates, graduation rates, employment rates, increased test scores, etc.
- Describe the relevant experience and knowledge your organization and staff have best to serve women and girls of colour in its programming. Examples include a percentage of women of colour that operate on your board, hiring practices, required staff training, local partnerships, etc.
Section 4: Outcomes & Measurement
- Describe the potential impact this funding could create for your organization and those you serve.
- Briefly describe your funding needs, demonstrate why this grant is crucial, and why you can only achieve the same impact.
Section 5: Eligibility Confirmation & Contact Information
- Do you confirm that those served by this grant would be at least 50% women of colour and girls of colour?
- Do you confirm that your organization is a legally registered nonprofit organization or is fiscally sponsored by a legally registered nonprofit organization?
- Do you confirm your organization does not have written policies that actively discriminate against one’s sexual orientation or gender identity?
- Do you confirm that your organization’s primary focus is on increasing access, capacity building, career development, or other related work to improve the representation of women of colour in STEM education, especially the technology sector?
- List the name and title of the person we can contact regarding your F5 STEM Education Grant application:
- List the contact email for your F5 STEM Education Grant application (please list ONLY an email address here; if there are additional emails, please separate them by ‘;’:
- How did you hear about the F5 STEM Education Grant opportunity?
(a) Word of mouth
(b) F5 employee
(c) Social media
(d) F5 Global Good
- If an F5 employee referred you, what is the employee’s name?
- Is your organization a U.S.-based nonprofit (501c3) operating outside of the U.S.?
(d) Not applicable